Home-Based Businesses: Are You Properly Insured?
Whether you are selling clothing, jewelry, skin care products, Tupperware, nail art or make up, you have invested a lot of time and money into your home-based business. Think about the cost of the inventory in your possession right now — is it an amount you can afford to lose?
Most homeowners’ policies will not protect you in the following common situations, but a Home-Based Business policy will if:
- Someone steals some of your inventory at a craft fair
- A fire at your home damages your inventory
- A customer slips and falls, injuring themselves, at a pop-up party in your home
- A friend, who was drinking wine at your pop-up party, gets in a car accident on the way home, and you are held liable
A Home-Based Business policy offers important coverages, including, but not limited to:
- Coverage for the property you sell while it’s at your home (up to $100,000)
- Coverage for the property you sell while you are off the premises of your home (up to $15,000)
- Liability coverage (up to $1,000,000)
- Coverage for loss of income
Click HERE to obtain a quote.
Coverage starts at less than $1 a day. Leave your information below and we’ll contact you to get a quote for insurance cost.